Welcome to my expense report for September 2018.
I keep track of all my income, expenses and net worth data through Personal Capital. I also use a simple spreadsheet as a backup just in case my Personal Capital data gets lost.
I like to share my expense report each month to keep my spending accountable as well as share my thoughts and philosophies on how I choose to spend the money I earn.
I try to spend less than $2,400 each month, so as you can see I went a little over budget this month.
Here are the big ticket items, check out the video for more details.
- $1350 + $21 for utilities
- This will stay fairly consistent until I move. Utilities may fluctuate but are very low because we have solar panels on the roof, don’t use too much water and most of the roommates don’t cook much.
- This is all from my Epic Tahoe Local Ski Pass. I paid $49 to lock in the lower price awhile back and now this $520 is the remainder. All set for the snowboard season!
- Usually around $200-250, so not bad. Discovered a couple cool ramen places this month.
- Paid for this blog for a year! Not too expensive for a year of blogging.
My total for the month was $2552 which is $152 over what I try to spend in a given month. Also, I was about $400 over from last month. That said, I knew September was likely to go over due to the ski pass. So I did pretty well and would’ve been well under budget without the ski pass.
I’ll try to have a good October and hopefully stay a couple hundred under budget.
Looking forward to this winter in Tahoe, despite snowboarding being a pricey sport. But I like spending money on things that bring me enjoyment. Buying dumb stuff that doesn’t bring me happiness is a waste of money.
Have a great October!