I graduated from a 4-year university a few years ago after transferring from Community College.
I love Community College for a few reasons.
- The tuition is cheap.
- I was actually paid to go to Community College as financial aid more than covered tuition and books.
- It’s relatively easy.
- This allows you to get good grades and makes it easy to transfer to a really good school because your GPA is high.
- The money saved instead of going to a 4-year university for all four years is a lot.
- The University I went to costs about $50K+ a year just for tuition. Living in Los Angeles is easily an extra $10K-20K depending on how frugal you are.
- I was lucky enough to get a lot of my tuition paid for by the university and FAFSA, but I still would’ve spent another $40K if I hadn’t gone to Community College.